Waproo began manufacturing shoe and leather care products in Melbourne Australia in 1945 and has grown to become one of Australia’s leading privately owned shoe and leather care companies.
Waproo’s past, present and future are connected by a continued commitment to innovation, quality and excellence in customer service
Waproo’s history at a glance…
1945 - Waproo supplies first water based glue to the Australian AirForce
1959 - Waproo outgrows original Brunswick factory and builds a new factory in High Street, Kew
1965 - Acquired Joseph Lyddy Horse Care products
1972 - Acquired new offices and factory in Canterbury
1980 - Commence export trade into New Zealand
1985 - Commence export trade into Asia
2000 - Acquired Shu-kem glues and adhesive products
2008 - Acquired and purpose built head office and manufacturing facility in Dandenong South
In addition to being one of Australia’s most experienced manufacturers and suppliers to the footwear manufacturing, repair and retail sectors, Waproo prides itself on its ability to react to market place trends quickly with new product innovations.
A significant part of Waproo’s business is our successful custom packing of high quality products for many of Australian and New Zealand leading footwear and fashion brands.
Located at our new purpose built headquarters in Dandenong South, Victoria, Waproo is now more equipped than ever, with improved processes and efficiencies, together with an experienced and passionate workforce, including our resident industrial chemist, has Waproo well placed for further growth into the future.
Waproo employs over 40 employees; with head office and infrastructure in Melbourne and Area Managers in Queensland, New South Wales, Western Australia and South Australia to support our distributors and customers nationally.